One of my daughter's best friends from high school was diagnosed with cancer and a benefit was being planned to help her with her expenses and I was wondering what I could do to help.
Well, I remembered I had these great unfinished photo frames in my craft room and asked if I could donate them for the silent auction they were planning. They were thrilled and could use all the help they could get.
The next question was..what to do with them. I asked my 8 year old granddaughter if she would like to help me with this project and come up with something special to do.
This is a picture of the photo frames that my Granddaughter and I did for the silent auction.
How we made them:
The materials we used were:
Wooden photo frames from Michaels, craft paint, blue painters tape, glitter star foam stickers
First thing we did was sand the frames a little, then painted them all white. We then took the painters tape (after they were dry, of course) and just started taping off the areas we wanted to stay white, and used different colors of paint in the non-taped areas. When they were dry, it was time to reveal the designs we created and we slowly peeled the painters tape away and we were quite amazed as how the designs came out. We finished decorating them with stickers and they looked great.
Go ahead and give it a try :)
No comments:
Post a Comment